Updated May 22, 2018
What does the Community Code of Conduct apply to?
When using Game Show Online services, you must behave decently, respectfully, and with consideration for us and other users (who may be children). This includes your use of any sharing or communication features available that allow you to share messages, comments, pictures, photographs, videos, game assets, game videos, and other information.
What are the Dos and Don’ts of using my BuzzIn ID account?
When signing up for a BuzzIn ID (“BuzzIn ID”), you agree to abide by our Terms of Service. Here are the key points:
- Treat other people with respect.
- Make sure your BuzzIn ID, messages, forum posts, user generated content, Discord® correspondence, or any other form of communications are not offensive to others: do not post anything that is defamatory (making an untrue statement that may be damaging to the person concerned), or racially, ethnically, religiously, or sexually offensive.
- Think about whether you are posting links to appropriate websites (we will remove inappropriate links).
- Send us a Grief Report if you suspect someone is cheating during a game, or otherwise manipulating the outcome of a game to their, or someone else’s, advantage.
- Stalk, bully, discriminate against, or abuse, other users.
- Be disruptive or threatening.
- Send spam messages or forward recommendations / offers to your contacts without their permission.
- Share other users’ and your own personal and account information. Similarly, do not ask other people to give you their personal or account information.
- Use or share codes, software, or devices to cheat and do not attempt to hack, damage, or exploit any bugs in BuzzIn services to gain an unfair advantage.
- Use Game Show Online for profit or for commercial purposes, infringe on copyright owned by anybody, or break the law in any other way.
- Give false information including making false complaints, giving us a false date of birth, or impersonating another person.
If you break the Code of Conduct, we may suspend your account or access to our Partner Platforms. The length of a suspension or ban depends on how seriously the rules are broken, and we reserve the right to suspend or ban a user for a first offense.
If your account has been suspended or banned, you will receive an email at the address associated with your account within 24 hours explaining the reason and how long it will last. We cannot provide more details either in this email notification or later communications for legal reasons.
Account suspension means that you cannot use your account to access BuzzIn services for a set amount of time. Account ban means that you will not be able to use your account to access BuzzIn services at any point in the future. Regardless of the type of suspension, you will be unable to participate in BuzzIn events as a contestant.
If an account has been permanently banned, any PTZ in the account’s balance will be forfeited.