Last Updated: November 6, 2020
When using BuzzIn features and services, you must behave decently, respectfully, and with consideration for us and other users. This includes your use of any sharing or communication features available that allow you to share messages, comments, pictures, photographs, videos, game assets, game videos and other information across all of our platforms.
- Treat others with respect at all times. Do not insult, stalk, bully, threaten, discriminate against or abuse other members. This includes defamatory statements (making an untrue statement that may be damaging to the person concerned) as well as racially, ethnically, religiously, or sexually offensive comments.
- Ensure all content that is shared across all platforms is not offensive to others. This includes your username, display name, public communications, user generated or posted content, links, or any other form of communication. Offensive content includes nudity, sexual content, graphic violence or gore, explicit or threatening insults, racist or prejudiced comments towards others, and anything religious or political that could be considered offensive to people with certain beliefs. In some specific cases, there may be certain areas or channels within our platforms that will have different rules for what content is allowed. These areas will be explicitly labelled and have their own outlines for what is considered appropriate.
- Do not share content that is not yours to share. Do not share other users’ and your own personal and account information. Similarly, do not ask other people to give you their personal or account information. Do not use others’ information given in trust against their consent. (eg: using a member’s real name when they don’t want everyone to know it) Do not post official show media, regardless of whether or not it has been publicly released by anyone related to the show, including, but not limited to, composers, developers, etc.
- Do not give false information, including making false complaints, giving us a false date of birth, or impersonating another person.
- Do not use or share codes, software or devices to cheat and do not attempt to hack, damage or exploit any bugs in BuzzIn Platform or during gameplay to gain an unfair advantage.
- Do not use BuzzIn Platform for profit or for commercial purposes, infringe on copyright owned by anybody or break the law in any other way. If you have vendor privileges in the BuzzIn Store, do not manipulate prices or cheat players.
- Do not advertise for any external servers or communities without explicit Director permission across all platforms.
- BuzzIn Staff will never ask for any personal information outside of contestant introductions for events and contestant applications for games.
- If someone is claiming to be part of the staff team and is asking for your information, do not respond to them. Please report them to the staff members by contacting ModMail on our Discord server.
- Follow all community guidelines and terms of services enforced by the various platforms on which we have presence. This includes but is not limited to: Discord, Twitch, Virtual Paradise, Roblox.
- A general note here on the expected etiquette during live streams: no interruptions, no interfering with the game in a way to affect its outcome as audience, no rude or disruptive behavior; more detailed information provided by a director 10 minutes before the start of the show.
If you have been affected by a breach of the Code of Conduct, or suspect others of a breach, you are encouraged to report such incidents using the ModMail platform. You may choose to make your report anonymous. BuzzIn staff will strive to resolve most issues within a 72 hour time frame.
BuzzIn staff reserves the right to remove users from our community for any reason, although we will make every effort to work with at risk players to ensure that their removal is a last resort.
If you break the Code of Conduct, we may suspend your account or ban your BuzzIn Platform account, or any other account you have across our other platforms. The length of suspension or ban depends on how seriously the rules are broken and we reserve the right to suspend or ban a user for a first offense.
If your BuzzIn Platform account has been suspended or banned, you will receive an email at the address associated with your account within 24 hours explaining the reason and how long it will last.